- Winner of two awards in the University of Toronto Schools Centennial Composition Competition, for Casa Loma Variations (for concert band) and Ode on the Mammoth Cheese Weighing Over 7,000 Pounds (for mixed choir).
- Participated in the One Yellow Rabbit Summer Lab Intensive in Calgary, Alberta.
- Awarded an Ontario Arts Council Music Commissioning grant to support the composition of Trails for chamber ensemble and electroacoustics (commissioned by Ensemble Mujirushi, Edmonton).
- Awarded a Toronto Arts Council Music Creators and Composers grant to support the composition of Fuzzy Logic for chamber ensemble and narrator (original text and narration by Alex Eddington; commissioned by Continuum, Toronto).
- Received the 2008/2009 Urjo Kareda Residency Grant for an emerging theatre artist, through Tarragon Theatre in Toronto. Created and workshopped a new play for physical actors and worked with three professional theatre composer/sound designers.
- Awarded a Toronto Arts Council Music Creators and Composers grant to support the composition of Tow Hill for orchestra (commissioned by the Scarborough Philharmonic Orchestra).
- Participated in the Quatuor Bozzini "Composers' Kitchen" workshop in Montréal. Studied with Christopher Butterfield and Anna Sokolovic. A new work for string quartet premiered on May 3rd, 2008.
- 1st place - Orchestras Mississauga Emerging Composer Competition: - Reiteration for orchestra. Performed by the Mississauga Symphony on March 28th, 2009.
- Participated in the National Arts Centre Young Composers' Programme in Ottawa. Studied with Gary Kulesha and Augusta Read Thomas. Sin Mar a Bha premiered by members of L'Orchestre de la Francophonie Canadienne.
- Received a Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) grant (through the University of Alberta) for a project exploring new intersections of music and theatre/dance.
- 2nd place Godfrey Ridout Award - SOCAN Award for Young Composers - Death to the Butterfly Dictator! (monodrama for soprano and chamber ensemble)
- Finalist, Toronto Symphony Orchestra "New Creations" Young Composers' Competition - Dance Attack! (orchestra). The work was given a public reading by the TSO.